Topband: and KDKA

Richard Fry rfry at adams.net
Mon Sep 16 19:13:04 EDT 2013

With respect to U.S. AM broadcast stations, Bob k2euh wrote:

>Another source of this kind of information is the AM Pattern Book,
>published by the National Radio Club. They just published a new edition
>this year.

The "Check it Out" link on the NRC website shows U.S. AM station locations
and patterns for 560 kHz.  However, the physical location they show for the
transmit site of WIND (560 kHz) appears to be in Illinois (see clip below),
rather than at the location shown by the FCC for the WIND array -- which is
in Indiana, SE of the intersection of I-94 and IN Hwy 912.  The FCC
coordinates for WIND are 41° 33' 54.00" N Latitude, 87° 25' 11.00" W
Longitude (NAD 27).

Didn't check for any other errors.

http://s13.postimg.org/pcpbguj2b/WIND.gif

RF