Topband: Recommended Antennas for 160M/80M Receiving

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Dec 21 10:52:03 EST 2014

On Sun,12/21/2014 6:11 AM, Mack McCormick wrote:
> I've been carefully following the discussion about the merits of various 8
> element arrays and beverages.

I suggest that you study W3LPL's excellent presentation on 160M RX
antennas from K3LR's Contest University at Dayton this past spring. The
various systems each have their merits, which depend upon their
surroundings. I have reversible Beverages using DXE hardware, and my
property is not hospitable to arrays of verticals. If my property were
different, I'd strongly consider one of the vertical arrays.

73, Jim K9YC