Topband: SP remote from DN45

Mel Crichton kj9c at iquest.net
Sun Dec 28 13:12:23 EST 2014

Wish I had an antenna here in MT DN45 for 160, but that can't be. Second
best option was to remote operate my station in EM69, even though I can't
switch RX antennas remotely (Yet! That will change before next TBDC)...  So
I switched between the TX and the north beverage (the least directional and
quietest)....

No DX this time, but I was LP and heard only J6 and KV4FZ, neither could
hear me...  Best was CN98 (a 6 pointer) - put 200 QSOs in the log... If the
intenet connection would not have crashed six times I might have stayed a
bit longer... (not sure if it failed in Indiana or in Montana, wasn't a
problem when we operated W1AW/9 a few weeks ago)... another glitch to iron
out before next contest

Thanks again to the organizers and all who participated... there must hae
been a number of QRP stations, or it sure seemed that way

Mel KJ9C EM69