Topband: SP test - Awful condx

Gary and Kathleen Pearse pearse at gci.net
Sun Dec 28 14:45:21 EST 2014

Poor also from Fairbanks, Ak. Listened both nights off and on. But in the end it was the burning end of my Inv-L that called timeout.

Apparently my coated stranded wire had a covering defect at the far end where it was suspended in a tree…the voltage node melted the pull-up rope and down it came/SWR shot up/amp went into safe mode (Alpha 8410).

And this was at -12F with everything covered with hoar frost. I’ve never had this happen before (I thought ice was a good insulator) but now I know what to look for at rebuild.

73, Gary NL7Y