Topband: Silver solder

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Tue Dec 30 20:02:19 EST 2014

Jorge,

You do not need or want a high silver content. It will be too brittle.

What you should ask for is a solder that has high tensile strength, is
ductile, and works well with copper or whatever your radials are.

That will not be a high silver content. It will probably be less than 8%
silver with high tin content.

Higher temperature is supposedly good for resistance to lightning, although
I never had a joint unsolder even when regular electronics 60/40 soldered.