Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh, NC

mstangelo at comcast.net mstangelo at comcast.net
Wed Feb 12 16:13:57 EST 2014

Charlie and All,

We wish you the best of luck.

I live in a heavily wooded neighborhood and used to lose power at least once a year. I also listen to the LF and the VLF spectrum as well as operate MF and HF.

I bought a generator to power the refrigerator and the heating system in the winter. I can also operate my shack from 12 volt batteries.
When things are stabilized I turn lemom into lemonade by taking advantage of the lower noise floor during a blackout amd do a lot of listening on the LF and VLF bands and some low power operating on 160 and 80.

I lost power for 15 days after Sandy. The power company did extensive repairs and tree trimming after the storm. Since them we haven't lost power.

Mike N2MS