Topband: W/K/VE callers in the Arrl Dx Contests

Brad Rehm bradrehm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 09:45:56 EST 2014

I think Jeff's approach is sensible.  It isn't offensive, and it gently
makes an important point.  But alas, I'll confess that I'm one of the
offenders.  For a couple reasons, I did respond respond to domestic/NA CQs.
 The first is that, before the contest I read somewhere that domestic Qs
count one point and that DX Qs count three points.  This is what I
remember, but it's apparently not correct.  In any case, if a guy hadn't
received a response after three or four calls, I'd call him and give him a
point.  What harm done?

The other reason is that with so little activity on the band last weekend,
I was glad to be able to talk to anyone.  If it had been jumpin' with DX,
I'd have been in there working it too.

Brad, KV5V