Topband: Not so ood in the contest last night

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Sat Feb 22 11:45:13 EST 2014

Don't feel bad Don as last night I only worked three stateside stations
K3ZM, W8PR  WD5R.  I must have spent two hours calling W8PR at night but
heard me until at my sunrise. I run an Alpha 87A and a quarter wave
vertical but all the other stateside stations called just ran their CQ
machines and apparently I could not even work Florida station in here 10
over 9 and only 1200 miles away.  Even Jeff VY2ZM who has super ears
could not even hear a single character of my call.  So as the song goes
"you gotta know when to hold and when to fold." So I decided to thrown
the main breaker to the ham shack and save some money on electricity.

Herb, KV4FZ