Topband: Shunt feeding the Skyneedle - new developments

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Feb 22 22:08:00 EST 2014

That is the type of report I really like to hear Carl. All that work has
paid off in spades.

As you increase the number of radials the VSWR bandwidth might decrease
along with the R which is normal as the ground resistance decreases. Since
it appears to work so well you might just leave it alone for awhile, operate
and get a feel of how your signal compares with others.

With the top loading Id say the tower is close to being a 1/4 wave and the
perfect world impedance about 35-36 Ohms with the remainder as ground
resistance. That will result in very decent efficiency.

That cage you connected this morning sure changed the numbers from the
single wire I was responding to.

OK on the steel panel. The usual rule of thumb there is to space coils and
variables at least their width away. There were some amps and tuners on the
market that would have radically different tuning, and more power out in the
amplifier examples, with the cover removed.

Take a bow, Im impressed!!

Carl
KM1H