Topband: Radial Question

Charlie Cunningham charlie-cunningham at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 6 21:40:46 EST 2014

Well, I'm not surprised at all, Bill! Some years back some broadcast
engineers did a lot of work replacing deteriorated buried radial fields
under broadcast towers with elevated resonant radials. They concluded that 4
elevated radials would do the job quite well. Their work was published in
some IEEE transactions, and was based on real  engineering measurements!

Your inverted L with 4 elevated resonant radial should do quite well!

73,
Charlie, K4OTV