Topband: Anyone purchased the ARRL book on Short Antennasfor160???

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Jan 22 11:19:44 EST 2014

It shouldnt be too hard for some to install a wire mesh of plastic coated
rabbit fencing below the antenna, after a few months the grass will grow
well past it allowing mowing.
I did a variation at another home in the 80's when 60+ on ground radials
didnt perform as expected using a 100' shunt fed tower with stacked
monobanders. Adding four 4' x 50' mesh strips over the radials and
connecting into them made a huge difference.

Carl
KM1H