Topband: VK3ZL SK today

Cal Jeanroy cal.w1izl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 08:42:29 EDT 2014

Truly a sad day. Remarkable individual, fellow ham and friend whose heart
and soul was always shining brightly on topband. Like many, I will miss the
early morning Q's on topband. Hopefully Bob is in a better place and at
peace now.

73 and God Bless Bob, you will not be forgotten

Cal  W1IZL  ( W0IZL > W7IZL > WA2IZL )

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:53 PM, David Raymond <daraymond at iowatelecom.net>
wrote:

> Bob was truly a remarkable person.  Not only did his homebrew skills far
> surpass the vast majority of us but he also put out a remarkable signal
> with a modest station.  A lot of topbanders may be unaware that Bob's
> signal came from a homebrew 42' vertical (yes, forty two foot) .  Capped
> off with a hefty top hat and a very good ground radial system, he was able
> to work the world daily.  He and I had other shared interests and enjoyed
> exchanging emails.  I will surely miss his friendship and his signal on
> 1824.5 on those cold, winter morns.
>
> 73 Bob. . .rest in peace OM.
>
> Dave, W0FLS

Cal Jeanroy W1IZL