Topband: Where was everyone last night

ALEXEY OGORODOV ua4wae at mail.ru
Sun Jun 22 17:59:29 EDT 2014

Folks,

I think it's a normal occurance - sometimes we hear, sometimes we don't. The whole magic of radio is in it otherwise we would've stuck to landlines and cellphones. Summer condition was at its best with the Down South people hearing and sometimes working those Up North, the "local" North -  South (US to SA and the Carribean, EU to AF - not sure if happened this time though), and us, at equator, picking up crumbs from everybody's feast. LOL. Only 15 q's here. I didn't spend much time calling CQ, mostly scanning the band for new calls. The Band was open right from my SS. KV4FZ was the first to hear me. VE3TA was light at first but managed to copy me puny sigs easily. A surprise was to hear Kevin, W1AW/KL7 calling CQ with s9+5 and a few callers. Uncle Herb, KV4FZ was LOUD all the way through the event (called him by accident with 20 watts - he replied at once), Brother Eric, NO3M was there as well from SS to SR anything from s4 to s9+5. Tio Bolmar, HK1MW showed up around his SR and made a few happy. Remarkable signal from N7GP but it took three 5 minutes attempts to log him. I understand - QRN and stuff. Around my SR Great Lakes blasted through - Pete, N0FW, and George W8UVZ. George you were louder ))). No Pacific, no EU heard.

73 Alex
HC2AO