Topband: New MFJ 259C available

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Tue Mar 4 21:48:28 EST 2014

I thought a much more useful item would have been a 259 revision that was
totally immune to RFI, and still did about the same stuff over a wider
frequency range.

As I looked at things over the years, very few people want VNA's that attach
to PC's, and that market is covered anyway. I thought a 259 revision wth
direct conversion receivers and a wide frequency range, and a calibrate
function, and just basically do what the 259B does now, would have been much
better.

That would have solved all the major issues, and not cost a fortune or
required a computer. My 259B does 99% of what I need, but would  be a whole
lot better with a cal correction (open, short, load), sweep, wide range, and
receivers with a phase detector instead of a diode bridge.

73 Tom