Topband: [Bulk] Re: Phased short vertical receive antenna system

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 19 09:18:31 EST 2014

I have the DX Eng 4 sq rcv and am amazed at how directive it is, 70' on
a side, works well for 160 & 80, my Moxon beam is usually better on
40m.  I bought 6' long (5/8, 1/2, 3/8 od) telescopic tubing from DXE
instead of SS whips, cheaper and slightly more gain.  I made holders for
the tubing and receive electronics from 3/8 acrylic REMS from TAP
Plastics, attached to the ground rods with u-bolts.  I added 3 15'
radials at each ground rod, a little insurance, not sure they are really
needed.

Grant KZ1W