Topband: Broadband Inverted L

Joe Galicic galicic at comcast.net
Thu Nov 20 11:11:34 EST 2014

I moved my 160 inverted L to a tall tree in my backyard to get more vertical height. The vertical leg is now about 65 feet and the rest (65feet) is horizontal. I fed this one with about 125 feet of 75 ohm coax just because I had lots of it laying around. No tuners, baluns, ununs or chokes in the feed line. The ground is connected to the existing ground system for the old L. I get a 1.1 SWR reading from 1.8 to 1.9 before it moves up to 1.3 and slightly higher to 2.0. The antenna seems to be working OK (relative to the old L). This seems awfully broad banded? Any feedback would be great. Thanks -Joe N3HEE