Topband: TX relays

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Sat Oct 11 12:26:47 EDT 2014

 Ive found over the years, going back to using a RCS-4 in the 80's to switch
Beverages, that a tiny drop of DeOxit D-100 eliminates the receiving
problem. It also works on amp bypass path contacts.

Since the common TX/RX path in an antenna/stack switch is always getting
wiped I havent noticed any problem there and wouldnt want to use DeOxit at
more than 100W or so anyway.

Just a tiny as possible drop applied with a pointy implement does the job. I
use a face magnifier to be sure it goes where it should.

The vacuum relay in my 1986 LK-500ZC gets a low current in the RX path every
5 years or so; only the first time did it really need it, the rest is PM.

Carl
KM1H