Topband: WTB: Guy wire stuff

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 6 18:00:56 EDT 2014

 Hi  Carl

   Yes it seems that  we  stumbles across the same Crew  :)   .  No not really but the same experience.
The   " Strand"  what they called it ran from pole to pole  or  was used as down guy pole wires when the
ENG. required  it for the extra pole  line capacity.

   Because  I was breaking up my guys   .  I had access to all the STUMP spools of strand.
These were one's that they  perceived to be  less then 200 Feet, the distance between  poles.
I also given a full 5000 ft. roll that was dropped and the wooden side was  broken off.
 So they would not even TRY to  cart it for installation.

 So being a Ham you never know what scrounging my turn up....

  And I don't want to talk about all the CATV line YIKES

Wayne W3EA  . .

From: km1h at jeremy.mv.
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 10:30:43 -0400

Thanks for that nice report Wayne. Those are the
same Grips Im using here.

I dont know about these days but when I was
installing the 4 towers here I was informed that Rohn EHS was made in Korea as
was just about all the utility and CATV strand. Rohn just added a premium cost
to it.

When this town was cabled I got literally miles of
left over 1/4 EHS and hardline from 1/2 to 7/8 for a couple of cases of beer. I
used my 2 axle race car trailer to move it.  The installers had already
been paid and dont transport but very little extra and besides their next job
was in OH....real gypsies and higher than a kite most of the time.