Topband: BCB interference ?

Lloyd Berg N9LB lloydberg at charter.net
Mon Sep 22 12:14:42 EDT 2014

Hi Ed!

I've got a 1650 KHz 10 KW station about six miles away.

I am using a Clifton Laboratories  Z10022A high pass filter for 160
meter reception.  Works great and very reasonable price.

http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/current_products.htm

Z10022A Medium Wave High Pass Filter
The Z10022A is a receive-only 9th order 1 dB Chebyshev high pass filter
with a nominal cutoff frequency of 1800 KHz.   The Z10022A is intended
to be used to prevent a shortwave receiver from overloading due to
strong signals from AM broadcast band (Medium Wave) in the 530-1700 KHz
range. ( see the web site for lots of documentation).
http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/z10022a_high_pass_filter.htm

73

Lloyd - N9LB