Topband: BCB interference ?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Sep 22 21:28:52 EDT 2014

On Mon,9/22/2014 5:51 PM, chris at g3svl.com wrote:
> I can't think of a single reason not to try one if you have BCB, they
> are cheaper than almost any rig accessory you're likely to buy!

Their effectiveness will depend entirely on the frequencies within the
BCB you are trying to suppress. 945 kHz is FAR easier than 1530 kHz,
which is what these guys are dealing with. Yes, the ICE BCB works fine
down around 1 MHz, but it doesn't have nearly enough poles to suppress a
very big signal at the top of the band. There's a link to my measured
data for my BCB in that filter review for which I posted the link.

73, Jim K9YC