Topband: 75 ohm coax switch

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Mon Apr 20 23:02:13 EDT 2015

In  the shack, some video switches are OK. Be careful. Many switches have
active components and/or are pretty poor up high in frequency.

I'm not sure about modern manual CATV or MATV antenna switches, I've seen
them up to 4 way years ago, and they are usually much better.

Personally, I use relays with a desk mounted control. Saves having multiple
heavy wires on the desk.

160 is pretty forgiving for switch construction, provided the shields are
all well grounded to a common shield plate. Do NOT switch the shields!! Just
switch the centers.