Topband: RX antenna switching - multi-rig, multi antenna

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Tue Apr 21 11:29:23 EDT 2015

For my system here, I have a multicoupler board already laid out that can be
used for any number of antenna systems into four receivers. Because these
are proto boards, they are a little pricey. They are a low quantity board.

Each antenna channel has about 6 dB loss from in to out for any receiver, so
you would have to consider that. The advantages are it is passive magic T's,
so it generates no measureable IMD. You can bridge all four receivers to one
antenna, or to any antenna, independently. You never notice another receiver
coming on line with existing receivers.

It can also be built out to bridge more than 4 receivers to any number of
antennas.

In my system I amplify and equalize levels on all antennas, so I have TX
antenna attenuated plus any number of RX antennas available.  I have seven
RX antenna ports in right now plus TX antenna.  The three large Europe RX
antennas are on dedicated ports, and the other four systems switch
directions with a small control box.

It picks any of these antennas:
http://www.w8ji.com/images/W8JI%20site/w8jiantennas1S.jpg

 73 Tom