Topband: [Bulk] alternative feedpoint capacitor

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sun Aug 2 20:30:06 EDT 2015

I found NOS Soviet block screw mount micas on ebay that looked like they
would handle QRO and have three pairs in series to cover the band with
shorting relays - all shorted = 1820 then each step (2 short, 1 short,
all open) adds 50KHz.  85' to top, 2x 30' hat and 8 10' elevated 125'
radials.  So far no problems.  Relays are PCB 8a, 5KV coil isolation,
they only see 350v or so and never hot switch. Ok so far, up 2 years but
I think the top is a little too close to the tree.  The tree guy will
fix that next visit.

Grant KZ1W