Topband: ARRL 160 this year

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Sun Dec 6 15:48:34 EST 2015

Did my sojourn into the ARRL 160 this weekend. Interesting comparing
last year to this year: Last year I was QRP and California and many
DX were calling me and there was a fair QRN/M last year. I worked
most everything I heard but it took time.

This year I was also QRP but I made zero CA contacts, only worked GW
& EI with the rest the usual Caribbean/Central American stations. The
band was much quieter and though I could hear DX, my 5W didn't fare
so well and their signals for the most part, weren't booming. There
were many I could not work this year.

Conditions, conditions, conditions...

73,

Gary