Topband: ARRL 160 this year

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Dec 6 16:00:57 EST 2015

On Sun,12/6/2015 12:48 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
> Conditions, conditions, conditions...

Yep. Pretty punk from here in W6. I got shut out on finishing QRP WAS.
Must have called N4OGW a hundred times. KH6LC was calling too. Looks
like Tor needs to work on his ears.

K8JQ was copyable Saturday morning but not Sunday morning. Saw N8II
spotted, a K7 pretty close to his frequency, never copied him. Called
WD5R a few times, no joy. Ditto for NO3M. This is the first 160 contest
when I couldn't work these guys QRP. Heard some W2 and W3, AA1K was the
only W1, and he was weak.

Best DX was WL7E and KH6LC. W0AIH was best DX to the east.

Let's hope the Stew Perry is better.

73, Jim K9YC