Topband: 9 EL YCCC RX Array

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 12:45:16 EST 2015

The 9 el is just an extension of the basic 3 elements in line building block of the W1FV design. I think that it is great that DXCC is selling the kits to build these arrays. Personally I think the 9 element is overkill. Only three elements are active at any time. There is also a 5 element version and there is no reason why you could not create a 7 element version. DXE has reduced the spacing to 60 feet between elements which produces a 120 foot diameter. This improves performance on 80 and 40.

I am in the process of constructing the 3 element, in line, basic array to use as a beverage equivalent. I also have a Hi-Z 4 square which is very effective and used as diversity receive antenna for my K3 on 160 through 30.

I suggest that the PDF manual located on the DXE website for the YCCC RX arrays be thoroughly read to understand how the antenna works and the kits are to be
constructed.

73, Dennis W0JX