Topband: [Bulk] Re: Out-of-Turn Callers

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Wed Feb 4 10:42:44 EST 2015

> everyone would be calling.  Forget the 6 in this specific case...it's the
> incessant calling -- by some who participate on this list -- that has to
> stop.  The post will not stop the problem but if it starts to mitigate the
> problem, we'll all be better off.  If no one says anything, it will never
> get better.

None of us should call when we hear the DX station specify a restricted
response and we do not fit.

I doubt, however, that anyone but the DX operator can change the common
policy of calling out of restriction. The moment a DX station works just one
out-of-request call, it sends the message to ignore the restriction.

We all know this stuff. Like DXCC and other things, we just like to complain
about the other guy. We are just a bunch of cranky old men.  :)