Topband: Foreign stns using NA remotes for K1N

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Wed Feb 4 20:24:05 EST 2015

GM OM/YL,
Breaking News:
ARRL Board Okays Changes to DXCC Program

ARRL VOTES ON DXCC and REMOTE RULES
We would like to applaud the ARRL for "seeing the big picture" and
understanding how important the role of remote technology will play in
the future of our hobby. The recommended DXAC 200km limit has been
completely squashed, and the ARRL went one step further. The ARRL has
lifted the ban on the requirement for a operator to be in the same DXCC
entity as the transmitter for his QSO's to count! This means that if you
are traveling outside the U.S. or actively serving overseas in our
military, you can remote into a transmitter in the U.S. and those
contacts will count towards your U.S. DXCC award. Here is a paragraph
from the CEO of the ARRL Dave Sumner:

"It has always been permitted for a QSO to count for both stations, if
either station was operated remotely from a control point within the
same DXCC entity," Sumner explained. "Now the location of the operator
doesn't matter; the operator could be on the far side of the Moon if he
or she could figure out how to remotely control a station on land back
on Earth from there."

Hey Dave, we are working on that!