Topband: Foreign stns using NA remotes for K1N

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Thu Feb 5 12:11:03 EST 2015

'The KEY WORD is the "COMMUNICATIONS².¹

Milt,

We¹ve already addressed ³communications.²  A definition needs to be added
to Part 97.3.  Absent a definition, there is no clear meaning of the term
and is left to interpretation, and abuses of interpretation.

> "IMHO, it is totally legal per written law, and does not require an
>exception, or a DR or other permission.²

It is not "totally legal per written law."  If is was, we would see a
codified definition.  The definition is not decided by me, you or RHR¹s
legal counsel.  The interpretation is only decided by the Commission, or
by court order.

Paul, W9AC