Topband: HVDC

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Wed Feb 11 13:20:29 EST 2015

Gents:

     The shock one would get under such circumstances was one of the reasons that early studies into the effects of HV AC lines were flawed.  I believe even Brodeur's work cited this erroneous work.  Apparently, the studies included the effects of HV fields on rabbits, kept in screened pens in strong electric fields (the details of which escape me now.)  These bunnies lost weight while in their pens, whereas the control group of rabbits, not subjected to such fields, did not lose weight.  "Eurika!," exclaimed the protesters.

     However, it turns out that all the test subjects were fed from metallic bowls.  The ones inside the strong field received a mild shock from the induced voltage around their feeding bowls and consequently were discouraged from eating.  The control group ate as if nothing was happening.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F