Topband: 1/2 wave inv L

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sun Feb 15 17:52:44 EST 2015

On 2/15/2015 2:35 PM, Art Snapper wrote:
> I have been researching the inverted L for 160, and have received much
> helpful information. - Thanks!
>
> Today I stumbled across a document regarding the 1/2 wave inverted L.
>
> Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison?
> Art NK8X
> _________________

I have modeled it and the results are predictable.  About
half your power goes into likely useless horizontally
polarized radiation.  If you instead make a top loaded
("T" type) vertical where the sum of the height and half
the top wire is a half wave, then you get a "voltage fed"
vertical that behaves pretty much like a half wave
vertical.  Since the drive impedance is high, you MIGHT
get away with a much less extensive counterpoise.
There is some controversy about this.

Rick N6RK