Topband: Brave new world?

Ron Spencer ron.e.spencer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 10:08:27 EST 2015

I don't understand the issue. If the people operating the remote station
give their location as the location of that station then what's the
problem? Propagation doesn't care where the operator is sitting. Neither
does the ability of the operator to work a station.

That said, of course if the operator using that remote station uses their
home call (i.e. me using N4XD while actually operating a remote station in
EU) would be completely wrong and, I believe, illegal. And certainly,in a
contest, unacceptable. If I were the sponsor of the contest I'd ban those
operators for 3 to 5 years from entering my contest and make it public why.
Its not possible for them to claim to have made a "mistake". It would have
been done knowingly.

Ron
N4XD