Topband: Point Shirley

John Kaufmann jkaufmann at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 28 14:04:48 EST 2015

W1BB's water tower shack was in a little hut at the base of the tower.  I
visited Stew back in the 1970's and got a tour of that QTH.  As I recall,
the shack also served as a civil defense facility, which is the connection
that allowed Stew to operate from there.  I remember Stew telling me that
the local hoodlums would sometimes cut his feedlines, which were out in the
open, and he had to keep a watch on things to stay on the air.

73, John W1FV