Topband: Brave New World

Charlie weeksmgr at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:16:19 EST 2015

Mike, the difference is that on the DX Net, everyone was not using the same transmitter and receiver.

I am not trying to protect my superior location from competition.   It is on a rock cliff directly south of Cleveland and 30 miles from KY.  It is, on balance, pretty good and I get my share of DX.   Those guys over in the eastern panhandle of WV, the suburbs of DC, now they have some prop worth protecting :-)

Nowhere in my post did I say users of the paid remote or any remote were abusing the rules.  In fact, I said the remotes are in compliance with the DXCC and FCC rules.

At some point, if everyone feels they have to spend $$ and use a remote superstation  to be competitive in Topband
DXing,  you will see an impact in the pileups, especially short/marginal openings.

As I said, it is what it is.  I am generally a supporter of the technology.  My view of it is not through rose colored glasses.
We will all adjust.

73 Charlie N8RR