Topband: Brave New World

Jerry Keller (K3BZ) k3bz at verizon.net
Fri Feb 27 13:56:34 EST 2015

This wouldn't be much of a problem if the callsign goes with the
station, not the operator.

The list operations were indeed like "shooting fish in a barrel", but at
least (it seemed like) everyone used their own gun and their own
bullets...i.e., their own station callsign, from their own station.

A guest op at my station uses my station callsign, not his.  If he's
located 100 or 1000 miles away and operates my station remotely, it will
be with my station callsign, not his.... and he'd not gain any advantage
that way.

This remote station controversy would likely go away under those
circumstances, and I for one wouldn't mind.

73, Jerry K3BZ