Topband: Silver solder

JC n4is at comcast.net
Thu Jan 1 17:34:24 EST 2015

Hi Jorge

The most common problem of Passive Inter Modulation (PIM) that can flood
your radio with BC harmonica is Aluminum Oxide. The dielectric on that white
powder between aluminum and most every others metal became a diode with
moisture and a capacitor when dr. It can protected with all kind of
process, however tall of them last no longer than one year. With RF current
on 160m the joint with rectify and generating all kind of noise.

Electro voltage due different materials is an irreversible process. If you
want to have your ground plane for several years, do yourself a favor and
use  brass split bolt and cooper, you can find split bold that can be
buried.  High temperature also change the tempera of cooper and with all the
different metals you are set up to failure, it just a matter of time to
happen.

Regards
JC
N4IS