Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

Niko Cimbur via Topband topband at contesting.com
Fri Jan 30 01:26:10 EST 2015

On Thu, 1/29/15, Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy at gmail.com> wrote:

 >When you say "would not make it count", do you mean doesn't count for the guy who
 >sent in the check log? No one here is saying he should get credit or be in the standings. Or do you mean BOTH the guy
 >who sent in the check log AND all the people who worked him get penalized?

Here are the rules: http://www.cq160.com/rules.htm

"The use of any receiver located away from the main site is strictly prohibited."
I gave you my interpretation, and my opinion is that all stations which worked him should lose the multiplier. (I worked him too by the way).

As far as your unrelated transmit power issue I say that I really don't care.
If VO1HP didn't come out himself and made his post and decided to enter himself as a checklog no one would even know that he operated a remote receiver.  There might be others with less integrity that operated in the Contest against the rules and will submit their logs.

VO1HP only made 150 QSO in 8 hours of operating from the Atlantic Coast.  His station is clearly unbalanced with the TX antenna the weaker part.  Hopefully he has the ability to add a good TX antenna to his nice remote site.

Niko AC6DD