Topband: Video Switch for Low Band Antenna switching

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sun Jul 5 18:37:04 EDT 2015

On 7/5/2015 1:54 PM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
> I've used the K9AY pushbutton RX select switches at W3LPL and they are a
> very fine ergonomic solution. Definitely prefer the pushbuttons to rotary
> switches.

Same here.  I have a set of 6 pushbuttons in a circle with
indicator lights to indicate which one is in use.  They control
beverages at 60 degree azimuth intervals.  It is much more intuitive
where I am pointing than a rotary switch.  I also have
random access, instead of sequential access.  I have a 7th
pushbutton in the center for an omni antenna.  The advantage
of this over a rotary switch in a contest is huge.

Rick N6RK