Topband: Fwd: ARRL Board meets next week

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 15:29:04 EDT 2015

Jim,  NP2P has never applied for DXCC but I upload the contacts made
with the station here to LOTW since they are made with a station located
in the U.S. Virgin Islands. I also provide some limited QSL returns when
someone wishes a card as well.  If you wish to operate the station for
DXCC these contacts would only count for KP2/K2HN and be of no value to
you for your home station.  For contests this would require the
investment of several thousand dollars for remote heads for the Icom
IC-7100 and the Kenwood TS-2000 plus  Remote Rig boxes for your end.
Also for a contest weekend, with the amplifier,  the cost on my
electrical bill jumps up by about $220 since we have a .48 cent per KWh
cost here which is the highest in North America.

My station is not similar to the much discussed rental remotes but more
of a labor of love by a couple of us who have done this setup.

Herb, KV4FZ