Topband: DXCC Program Integrity

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Sun Mar 1 12:52:35 EST 2015

I think the ARRL does many good things for Amateur Radio.  They are also
involved in things that are good for them and not so much for us.  Their
latest call for comments is directly related to the RM11708 issue.

The DXCC program history is certainly not a beacon of purity and
transparency is it?

Some guy operating a remote station to work people is nothing compared
to some of the things that have gone on in the program.

The Centennial Award last year got people on the air and working other
people which is a good thing.  They also "sold" a boat load of LOTW
credits and awards.

The challenge Award ....  Sells lots of LOTW credits and more plaques.
I have no problem with it.  The plaque is nice and it is fun to chase
all the band mode combos and it has promoted more activity.

Was the primary goal to get more people on the air or sell more stuff?

Mike W0MU