Topband: Polyphaser

Cecil chacuff at cableone.net
Sun Mar 1 20:18:48 EST 2015

They also made an earlier version that had an analog meter.  It would indicate the clamping voltage.

Typical failure mode for the Polyphaser is an open gas tube that doesn't clamp...  You loose protection and don't know it...

I've also been told they also have a shelf life and at times the clamping voltage can decrease causing them to clamp at too low a voltage which wouldn't be a good thing in TX system use.

Cecil
K5DL

Sent using recycled electrons.