Topband: Inverted L height vs. length.

Yuri Blanarovich k3bu at optimum.net
Mon Mar 2 09:00:07 EST 2015

Hi Mike,

from your description, I think you would be best off not to fold back
the top wire, but try to "go away" horizontally as much as possible.
Folding back in "U" manner makes the current/radiation from the top half
cancel portion from the fed portion.

If you want to enhance vertical polarization and lower angles, try to
use "T" loading, that cancels most of the high angle horizontal
radiation.

You might be more efficient to use loading coil (and make it work on 80m
as a trap) at the top and shorten the loading end of wire.

I have great results with my Inverted Vee in a Tree, top at abt 40 ft,
with ends drooping down and going horizontal at about 10 ft. I have high
water table. I am surprised how well it works, suspect that ends are
acting as "radials" to the sloppy top fed vertical, no stinkin baluns,
perfect 1:1 50 ohm match.

73 Yuri, VE3BMV, K3BU.us