Topband: What IS troubling about this report....

Larry lknain at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 15 09:10:40 EDT 2015

Sometimes the DXpedition is its own worst enemy. If they ask for W6 and then
relent after a couple tries to work the W6 and then works someone  else
sends the message is you guys can bulldoze me so keep calling. Many of the
later DXpeditions have been much better at this and more persistent in
working the station they were calling. The problem of persisting to work
they station is that it ruins your QSO rate. Of course, all of those callers
can ruin your QSO rate as well. Another classic one is DX lectures on "don't
call while I am working a station" and then proceeds W6 59, now W4 59. The
W6 59, now the other W6 is understandable. Both of those scenarios give rise
to constant calling unfortunately.

The E30 yesterday actually worked a couple of stations that I heard almost
on his own frequency which doesn't help.

Sadly, I think it was an E30 pile, E30 called someone and he didn't respond.
E30 called again. Someone said something like "Fred send your report" and
"Fred" dutifully sent his report. Another "QSO" in the log. Years ago I had
heard that done on 2M several times.

73, Larry  W6NWS