Topband: What IS troubling about this report....

G3OIT g3oit.keith at jillings.org.uk
Sun Mar 15 10:58:34 EDT 2015

> As a guy with no lap top in the shack---hence, no immediate access to on-line chat rooms, spotting sites, etc.---what I hate most are those DX-Peditions that repeatedly work stations without ID'ing, or ID'ing only after some two dozen, or more, QSOs...
>
> Meanwhile, the proverbial "...hunt & peck" type sits there cursing under his breath, "WHAT'S YOUR CALL SIGN...?!"

Amen to that!  Many's the time I've listened to a (CW) pileup where
20-30 stations have been worked with never a hint of the DX's callsign -
or the callsign sent once at 80wpm (I'm not that good!).

It's galling, to say the least.

I suppose I could repair the old laptop and install it in the shack.
Come to that, I could work the chap on the internet...

Keith