Topband: [Bulk] Re: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 16 12:04:17 EDT 2015

With 1/3 of the worlds hams in Japan (1.2M) as one mult and many EU
countries with less 10k hams each as a mult the whole way most contests
are scored makes no sense.  Of course there is no perfectly fair system
of scoring, but Stew Perry has some ideas that may work as a new HF
contest.  It might get many more into the game on a more equitable
basis.  Of course many will despise more contesters on the air.
population data at http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=26284

A midwest station has no understanding of how north of 46 degree
latitude west coast propagation is a real "black hole".  But we do have
plenty of free 100' tall antenna supports.

Grant KZ1W