Topband: [Bulk] Re: RG-6 questions

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 16 12:26:13 EDT 2015

Since non plenum rated cables no longer meet codes, there is an
opportunity to buy the NOS of it cheap on ebay.  I've scored a couple of
ebay 1000' spools of tinned double braid "rg59" Belden, 20 ga center for
around 10 cents a foot.  I think it's the precision video cable Jim
mentions.

Here is some Belden single braid at 10 cents per foot, free delivery!!
It is worth a deep search of ebay "belden rg59" now and then.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belden-RG-59-20-awg-bare-copper-DS3-75-Ohm-Gray-1000-Box-/171220628530?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27dd8b7432

Or RG6 might be cheaper but there are at least a dozen varieties that
Belden makes, so keep the catalog handy.   With Belden NOS so cheap why
take the risk of Chinese junk?

Grant KZ1W