Topband: My QTH Trivia

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:57:02 EDT 2015

Gary, Right now I think I  am the furthest east TB operation in the
entire U.S. but every thing I guess is relative.   However, the USVI
prides itself with being the furthest Eastern portion of the US in the
Western Hemisphere in fact we have a moment at Point Udall 64 33 54 that
makes this claim. Now comes Guam which claims by being on the Western
side of the international dateline they are the most eastward location
in the U.S. period.  144 37.5  and they demanded President Clinton name
them also Pt. Udall and he did. They also claim there that they are the
western most part of the U.S. (by virtue of travel westward) so they
have them both I guess. One of there slogans I think appears on their
license plates "Guam where America's Day Begins"  I guess if what they
say is correct they could also say "Guam where America ends" ☺....

Herb, KV4FZ