Topband: 9Q0HQ

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Mar 19 10:39:24 EDT 2015

I am not sure what supplies that you have available in the Republic of
Congo. A Pennant should fit in your operating area. It is pretty easy to
build and it is not ground dependent.

John KK9A

To:	topband at contesting.com
Subject:	Topband: 9Q0HQ
From:	"alfeohjt at tin.it" <alfeohjt at tin.it>
Reply-to:	"alfeohjt at tin.it" <alfeohjt at tin.it>

 Dear friends, we are doing our best effort on the low bands. Being at the
end
of the rain season, there is a storm almost every day in the afternoon.The
soil
here is very dark and moist, often we need to tune the high band antennas as
the resonance shifts according to water content.On low bands the noise from
static is high, 7 - 9 on 80 and 160. It is a little better when we are
close to
the sunrise.On top band we use a inverted L and on 80m a vertical with a
parasite reflector.We have the feeling that ous signal is strong enough
but the
major problem is our capability to cautch the signals out of the noise. We
used
a DHDL for few days, no big help. Yesterday we change with a Diamond, no
better
result. We still use the verticals on receiving as it grants the better
result
in spite of the noise.I am afraid that a beverage would not help us due to
the
soil propriety. Also, there is no enough room to lay a 200m beverage.We are
rather limitaded in resources (wires, cables) as it
  is no easy and fast to find the stuff locally.I kindly ask for your
suggestion to improve our receiving capability.
Best 73
(sorry for my bad English!)
Alfeo I1HJT 9Q0HQ crew