Topband: Boradband noise on 160 meters tracked down to apartment complex

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed May 13 14:41:28 EDT 2015

On Wed,5/13/2015 11:14 AM, Don Kirk wrote:
> The local technician is now planning on additional changes since the input
> line filters have not totally mitigated the problem (but they sure helped),
> and will provide an update when I have new information to share.

Hi Don,

You might want to refer the people working on the problem to this Power
Point for a tutorial workshop that I've taught to pro audio and video
people. The principles are no different when the interference is at RF.

http://k9yc.com/InfoComm-Grounding2012.pdf

Henry Ott's excellent text on EMC includes a sub-chapter on these very
nasty RFI sources. His book is widely used as an EE text, and considered
"the EMC bible."

http://www.amazon.com/Electromagnetic-Compatibility-Engineering-Henry-Ott/dp/0470189304

73, Jim K9YC