Topband: RFI - and lots of it

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Thu Oct 29 13:46:49 EDT 2015

*  ”I've not heard anyone talk about doing a proper clamp, and then protecting the proper clamping by silver soldering over it all. The obvious disadvantage is that changing out the connection becomes interesting, as in replacing the ground rod.

Not sure how you reached that conclusion.   I’m referring to a silver-soldered bypass of a mechanical clamp with copper strap.  The strap starts some inches away from the clamp, then reforms around it.  The clamp remains unsoldered and connected as per NEC and the manufacturer’s connection procedure.

Paul, W9AC